Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The giving of thanks.

We spent the whole weekend in Belleisle and the weather couldn't have been better! At one point I actually wished that I'd brought capris because it was so warm. It was a lazy time - for me at least. Sean usually takes on a lot of the diapers changing and early mornings on the weekends and he outdid himself this time! One morning I was still in bed at 9:30!! it's been at least a year since I've done that and it felt soooooo good. Sean didn't have quite as much sleep - Sunday he actually had to drive Simeon home (45 minute drive) at midnight because the little *ahem* tyke wouldn't sleep. I won't get into the whole story, but suffice it to say that if you pick up and move the playpen a baby is sleeping in, that child doesn't tend to appreciate it. But let's move on.

On Saturday we picked up some pumpkins to carve for Thanksgiving - oh yes, jack-o-lanterns aren't just for Halloween anymore :)
That afternoon we relaxed in the beautiful sunshine and Simeon showcased his sensitive side. I think he may be auditioning for a men's cologne ad in this picture. Not quite sure though.And back to happy.
There's a lot more to come, but I hear the man in question starting to stir. Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such sweet pics!
My parents remedy was also to take me for a car ride when I would not sleep as a baby. LOL, in fact, as my erstwhile roomie can attest from our many road trips, I can still fall asleep easily in a moving car! :)- So, did they spend the night at home, or was it just a drive to sooth the baby to sleep? Hard to believe that the little man will be one year old on Nov. 12th!! (Less than a month!) Happy (Be-lated) Turkey Day! :) <><

Anonymous said...

OH WOW!!! I just noticed that he has TWO little, teeny baby TEETH!! Awwww...! <><

Cricket on the Hearth said...

They did end up spending the night at home - driving around didn't work this time. He also has three teeth on top with one more coming through so it'll be six little teeth very soon:) And he was born on the 8th.
~Ruth.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear... Now my face is red...excuse me while I go and change the date on my calander!
Wow, how is the whole teething thing going? <><