Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Child Pageants

So, I was staying up late again melting my brain by watching tv instead of being asleep like all reasonable people and I saw a very odd show called "Toddlers & Tiaras". It's about children (we're talking from 2-8 years old) who compete in beauty pageants! It's frightening the lengths that the adults go to to live vicariously through their children. Spray tanning, false teeth, big hair, make up and swimsuit competitions....... for babies! Insanity has a name and it's "little miss Texas royalty". I just hope that when the parents see it on the air they'll realize what they're forcing their kids into and stop. More likely, they'll make the kids watch it over and over again to see what they did wrong in the competition. Sigh~ I hope no one tells me how beautiful Simeon is anytime soon; I might run for the hills.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parents who put their children through such...well, words exist, but I try to remain more or less a gentleman...should be give a good, old slap upside the head!!
Simeon IS adorable, but so are all little ones. Such are the Kingdom of Heaven, to quote an Authority on the subject. <><

Unknown said...

Koreans take the cake for this one! They put them through little singing competitions like American Idol. The kids look, dress, and act like pop stars. It's scary.

Angela said...

I saw the advertisements for that program. I don't think I could have watched it - even the commercials made me almost cry for these kids.