Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A good day.

I started off with an early morning walk before Sean had to leave for work - which meant before the sun came up. Yikes! Winter is coming! Anyway, after a shower I did my homework from the bible study I joined last night. Then a miscellany of housework and childcare stuff and then... here it comes... YARDWORK! It might sound dorky but I'm very excited that I burnt a bunch of scrap wood that Sean's been piling up in the crawl space. He's still working on insulating down there and has been fixing a bunch of small things that are cropping up - it has turned into a much bigger project than he anticipated. But it's going into the home stretch now (we think) and I've been pretty bummed that I haven't contributed at all. So here was my big chance :) I got a fire going in our firepit out back and bye bye wood.
I took some time out for bubbles and a photo-op, of course. Who could say no to these faces?
Gotta go make supper! Will post some thanksgiving pictures soon. Hope you all had a great one.

3 comments:

Aron said...

Awww! How sweet is that??!! :)
Glad that you had the chance to help, Ruth. It's a;ways nice to feel that one is contributing. Of course, your moral support and appreciation go a long way as well, no doubt! Looking forward to the Thanksgiving pics! <><

Anonymous said...

I love getting out in the yard too. I am sure you contribute a LOT with wonderful meals and lots of moral support. Never underestimate a hug and a smile and a "well done.

Shirley G

Aron said...

Hear hear!! :) <><