Thursday, July 26, 2007

What is the Sound of One Hand Typing?

So... my left hand is out of commission for a while, on account of being electrocuted this afternoon while working in Grand Bay. A boom truck hit some power lines while off-loading palettes of stone, and I was on the receiving end at the bottom of the boom's cable. It held me there for a few seconds while it put my insides through a blender, and then it threw me to the ground and blew a small hole through my right foot; the entry wounds are a series of small burns all over my left hand which have now blistered.

So, I lay on the ground shaking for a while before the ambulance carted me off and I spent the rest of the day in the hospital. Everything checks out though, so no worries. And I didn't really mind... it was too hot to be laying stone anyway:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my...

well, I guess it's something to check off on the ol' life experience lsit!

I hope everything heals up quickly!

Angela said...

Wow - that's crazy! Glad you're ok. Get used to the one-handed typing. That's all I do now that Nathan's here :)

Cricket on the Hearth said...

Thanks guys! I'm also glad I'm ok:) You could say I was shocked that it happened.


...ba-dum-bum-CHING!

Anonymous said...

We are thankful that you are still with us and hopefully will suffer no ill effects. Those boom truck drivers are too careless it seems as we've heard of this too often. Our love to you both.Shirley & Brian

Anonymous said...

I am MUCH relieved that you're ok, Sean. Poor Ruth must have had such a fright! It gave my stomach a bit of a turn to read about it, myself, and obviously you're all right...barirng a few blisters and some nausea. I once endured a very very mild electric shock myself when the chain of my cross came in contact with an electrical source...extremely unpleasant and that was nothing compared to what you've gone through, so I can well imagine that your insides feel as if they have been put through a blender! I rather wish that I could have been at your side to help...where's the careless boom operator so that I can box his friggin' ears?!

Michelle Smith said...

Ouch... didn't you see the big "DANGER" sign around??? Hehe... congrats on the baby! So Exciting! I love popping in here once and awhile to see what's shakin'. Always good stuff, minus the part where you got shocked of course!