Monday, July 14, 2008

The name makes sense.

I present spaghetti squash!
This is what our kitchen looks like when I'm making baby food. Now that Simeon is 8 months we've been able to introduce a few more foods and I decided to do a bunch of batches of purees. When I cut open the squash I was surprised (even though I shouldn't have been) at how much spaghetti squash resembles, ummm, spaghetti --- call me Captain Obvious :) Anyway, after Simeon finishes it off I'll get another one and Sean and I will have to keep half of it for ourselves. Let me know if you have a good recipe!

6 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hey! We have the same stove. I love the recipe I posted here:
http://frenchyfinds.blogspot.com/2007/10/squish-squash.html

Cricket on the Hearth said...

thanks Sherrie, sounds yummy! btw Phillip is a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY recommend
www.wholesomebabyfood.com
It's super easy to navigate and gives you great nutritional info as well as recipes.

Cricket on the Hearth said...

It's funny that you say that b/c it's become my 2nd favourite website (the 1st being allrecipes.com). Yaay for homemade stuff :)

Anonymous said...

Ruth, I just posted two super simple summer recipes, one from allrecipes.com! Not so much for Simeon, but, hey. Is it REALLY all about the kids? (Don't answer that)
http://simplicity.vox.com/

Emily said...

Our kitchen has, on baby-food day, often looked much like yours. I have not actually done spagetti squash for the babies although it makes sense- the texture would be great for Josiah (10months). He loves all things pasta (no surprise being Italian) but he is not as big on veggies.. maybe I could trick him into thinking that spagetti squash is spagetti!
Those sweet potatoes looked like two extremely gigantic yams until I enlarged the picture!
wholesomebabyfood.com is such a great site!
Have fun with the puree stage! It goes by surprisingly fast. Before you know it Simeon will be pulling up a chair to help you cook!