Sunday, June 6, 2010

Easter, tantrums and child labour

Well, to continue bringing you up to speed- our spring was a lot of fun. I keep thinking that it's already summer because the weather's been so nice. With the exception of today.

At Easter Simeon and I decorated eggs for an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. Sean also contributed by using his rotary tool to drill perfect holes in the eggs so the insides could be easily removed. I know it sounds a bit ridiculous (using a rotary tool), but I remember blowing the yolks out through tiny pinholes when I was a child and being certain that my ears were going to start bleeding from the pressure. And I had to walk uphill both ways through a blizzard to get those eggs too ;)

Anyway, he had a good time finding the eggs and it made me feel a little less guilty about giving a 2 year old a whole chocolate bunny. Although I think we ate quite a bit of it in the end.
I've been waiting for the "terrible twos" to arrive and I don't think we've hit it quite yet. Don't get me wrong; he certainly has his moments and he's definitely a lot more opinionated but it hasn't turned into a battle zone....yet. He has however learned how to go from zero to hissy fit in 3 seconds flat. His saving grace is that he'll usually get over it in the same time frame. Oh, and he's caught on that his mother doesn't care and lacks the capacity for compassion.
We couldn't resist capturing all the stages here:
"Hey, look pizza! That would really hit the spot right about now!"
"What do you mean I have to wait 3 minutes! This is what the apocalypse will be like! Ahhhh!"

"Stupid pizza. I'll show you 3 minutes.....*grumble, grumble*"

In other news, a friend of ours has started her own translation company and she's trying to find a loophole in child labour laws.
His typing speed is improving daily :)

No comments: