Thursday, July 15, 2010

Good meal, bad timing.

Yesterday I woke up to rain and fog and I thought "hey, the heat has finally broken - Sean would love a hot, hearty meal tonight". By 3pm it was 25 degrees and crazy humid ~ I had the best of intentions though :(
If it ever should cool off though I recommend Ham & Potato soup with a side of cornbread. I find it salty enough without adding the salt (b/c of the ham) and it's a great way to use leftover ham. According to online opinions it's not recommended to freeze ham unless you slice it very thinly and put paper towels in between each slice. Sounds to me like a lot more work than I'm willing to put into it. But I've found that you can cube it for quiches or soup like this one and it tastes great (and saves time).


Tonight though I'm going for bbq and a cool broccoli salad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That DOES look good. I think I had a cheese-bun--yum!
I must say (you'll probably think me quite mad), but I do miss the Saint John fog. Perambulating sea-gulls notwithstanding, I did enjoy a ramble in it, even if I DID get lost, on occasion, lol. <><