Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's all happening at the zoo.....

*I do believe it. I do believe it's true.* Sorry, got a little caught up in Simon & Garfunkel land there.

We went to the Magnetic Hill Zoo last Friday with some friends and we had a blast!

First stop was the monkey enclosure, where we got to see the feedings and we "sang" to the gibbons to get them to sing back. Simeon wasn't too sure what to think but he loved the baboon in the next pen.



From there we went to more familiar animals. the goat was really interested in what snacks we were hiding it the stroller.

Zebras and leopards were next on the agenda. Sean and I were suitably impressed but Simeon seemed just as taken with the seagulls flying overhead and bugs crawling on the fences. As long as he's happy I guess :)

And for some reason Sean took about 2 dozen pictures of the ostrich. It wasn't as enthusiastic about the photo-op as he was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video doesn't work. When clicked on it leads to a larger photo of the ostrich. Which, by the way, looks like me first thing in the morning, lol.
Glad Simeon had fun, it's always adorable the first time one takes the kids to the zoo! <><

Cricket on the Hearth said...

strange, it works when I click it. I did have trouble posting though; I'll see if Sean can redo it tonight. Thanks for letting me know!