Monday, November 5, 2007

Once a Tree

This was a surprise for Ruth. I kept lying about the time I was spending up at Mom and Dad's in the barn:)








We decided not to put any finish on it at all, mainly because it's all cherry and cherry darkens beautifully on its own (if you're patient enough:)

Still no occupant, though.

PS- Ruth here. I had no idea that this project was in the works. Sean's been working on this in short increments since the summer as an early birthday gift for me. I LOVE it and I'm very excited that it's not only functional but a keepsake that can be passed down to our children when they're starting their own families. Makes me wonder what other secrets he's keeping though ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its beautiful!
Sara M

Anonymous said...

Hehe, with Sean one never knows. It is wonderful, though. Sean and his dad are amazing craftsmen.

Anonymous said...

Sean, your surprises never cease to amaze me! Now I can't wait to see Ruth's little surprise in the cradle!!!

We're thinking of you - angelique & kevin

Anonymous said...

Nice work Sean, looks great!!

Shannon Skafte said...

Sean, Ruth,
You two are beyond cute!

It's been so long, I missed reading up on you two. I'm praying for you two and the baby, I hope things go well!

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Children? As in plural? As in more than one? Yaaay!! :)
<><